Stress is something we all deal with on a day-to-day basis. In small amounts, stress is actually beneficial - challenging us, encouraging change, adaptation and making us stronger emotionally and biochemically.
However, many of us, often due to the pressures of the society we live in, are exposed to constant stress. This is the chronic stress that leaves us feeling powerless and out of control, putting us on the slippery slope to the development of mood disorders like anxiety and depression and other illnesses.
Fortunately, there is much you can do that is simple and enjoyable to prevent moving from coping well with daily life to feeling constantly stressed. The first step is to be able to recognise the signs of stress. This gives you the chance to intervene early with simple, effective measures and is a powerful and empowering management tool.
Recognising the Signs of Stress:
- Sleeping poorly, your brain won't switch off, you have trouble falling asleep or wake often during the night, you feel excessively tired.
- Binge drinking or just needing alcohol at the end of the day to cope.
- Lack of appetite or for some, overeating.
- Having a short fuse - you know you get angry or snappy faster than you used to.
- Feeling overwhelmed, sad or irritable.
- Frequent crying or the tears come a lot more quickly than they used to.
- Headaches and/or general aches and pains.
If you are experiencing even a few of these signs, its time to take action. This is where the regular use of Clean Tea’s high quality, organic, herbal teas can help you feel calmer and cope better with daily stressors. They won’t overstimulate you - so important in managing stress - so you feel calmer and more centred and so, less stressed. This has profound effects on your health, productivity and enjoyment of life long term.
Which Teas in the Clean Tea Range Could You Use?
- Green Tea - especially Matcha Green Tea - is perfect in the morning as green teas soothe, calm and relax you while increasing your alertness. Great when you need to be thinking clearly.
- If you like Chai - Chai Rooibus, Masala Chai and Green Chai are delicious and have a similar effect as the green tea.
- Clean Tea, Love is Brewing, Sanctuary and Byron Bliss all have calming, nervous system supporting properties and taste so good. These teas can be enjoyed during the day for great effect.
- Dream Tea: designed for use at night, this is also perfect to drink during the day, especially if you are feeling really wound up.
As well as these beautiful teas, there are also a few simple physical techniques you can do daily to help reduce feelings of stress and bring your body back into balance.
- Breathing techniques - there are lots available and they help - try a few different ones to see if one works better for you than another.
- Visualisation techniques: imagery is the natural language of the brain, which is partly why visualisation and guided imagery exercises are so powerful for changing thought and behaviour.
- Mindfulness training: focuses on being present in the moment. Really helpful and can be combined in with Mindfulness meditation.
- Regular exercise you enjoy and of course, yoga also help to keep the balance.
- A low sugar, healthy, plant based diet is also a wonderful asset.
Amanda Hunter ND